WHAT IS THE VULNOTHERAPY
The Vulnotherapy is a new branch of medicine and operative surgery that deals with the acute and chronic wounds and all diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue due to trauma complicated neglected to improper care or infection, and also of all skin lesions complex. These injuries can be of various kinds:
- Vascular (venous, arterial, lymphatic, mixed, etc.)
- Trauma (wounds, burns, abrasions, etc.)
- Metabolic (diabetes, hypothyroidism, etc.)
- Autoimmune (vasculitis, necrotizing angiodermite, etc.)
- Degenerative (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, etc.)
- Cancer (squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, melanoma, etc.)
- Infection (erysipelas, stafilococcie, etc.)
- Pressure (decubitus ulcers caused by posture, from devices, etc.)
The Vulnology , developed as a response to widespread acute and chronic ulcers resulting from predisposing diseases or complex trauma , an innovative mode of diagnosis and treatment through a complete overview of the clinical problem .
In recent years the Vulnoterapia took more and more ground in the field of surgery . This is due to the increase of patients with skin ulcers, wounds that do not heal . My job , as a specialist , is to examine the cause (etiology) of the lesion , to draw up a diagnosisand propose specific treatment.
The vulnoterapia uses a number of techniques to ‘ avant-garde to reactivate the natural healing mechanisms of the skin. The cardinal points on which it relies are:
- know-how : knowledge of the patient’s history . This is useful information about how to act on the wound ;
- Use of medications right technology : knowledge of the operational corrected means that we can transform a chronic wound as either “acute ” or a lesion that reaches its maximum and then heal ;
- Multidisciplinary treatment of the lesion : in this sense we also need to identify other specialists that will stimulate healing.
For proper healing and ultimately we need finally to educate the ” care giver ” or relatives or friends who will help in healing the patient , explain what will be their gestures and corrective actions to be performed.
Via Campania 37/A 00187 Roma
Tel. (06) 899.286 r.a. Fax: (06) 899.28.370
c/o Istituto Estetico Italiano
Via Crescenzio, 19 00193 Roma
Tel. (06) 68809359 Fax: (06) 68211521